Free Six-Hour Online Course
The EAP and Behavioral Health Professional’s Guide to Screening, Brief Intervention and Treatment (SBIRT) Online Course
Enjoy 6 hours of FREE online SBIRT training, including PDH/CE contact hours!
Description: Over the past two years, the Brief Intervention Group (B.I.G Initiative) has helped hundreds of EAPs in North America implement alcohol screening and brief interventions into their routine EA practice. This online training program was created in support the B.I.G Initiative’s goal of making screening and brief counseling for hazardous alcohol use routine practice for employers across North America.
This skill-based training brings together the tools that you need to screen EAP clients for unhealthy drinking. In addition, you will be shown how to deliver effective brief interventions, when to make appropriate referrals for EAP clients at risk for substance dependence, provide successful case management in collaboration with other addiction professionals and effectively follow-up to support lasting behavioral change.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Screen EAP clients for unhealthy alcohol use with brief, valid questionnaires such as the AUDIT-C and the AUDIT;
- Deliver effective brief counseling informed by Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive-Behavioral techniques;
- Link clients to medical or specialty addiction treatment services as needed, and work with physicians and other specialists in ongoing care coordination; and
- Provide follow-up and recovery supports to help clients to remain productive at work.
Who Should Participate: Employee assistance professionals, addiction professionals, social workers, mental health counselors, professional counselors, psychologists and other helping professionals that are interested in learning about SBIRT.
Price: Education is FREE to all professionals.
CE Credit: A Certificate of Completion for 6 CEs/PDH is available for purchase. ($25 for members of EAPA; $35 for non-members)
Login and Training Instructions:
- To earn credit, you must first login. If you are an EAPA member, you can use "EAPA_membernumber" as your username, and your last name as your password and take the course. (Example John Smith, EAPA member number 9999 would login with a username "EAPA_9999" and password "Smith")
- Once logged in, select "My Courses" under the "My Account" tab
- From the Title list, pick "The EAP and Behavioral Health Professional's Guide to Screening, Brief Intervention and Treatment"
- Read the instructions on this page http://eapa.sclivelearningcenter.com/index.aspx?PID=8604 and click on "Start Course."
- After you've watched all 8 segments, take the test & print your certificate.
For help, contact Jan Price, Manager, Professional Learning Resources at 703.387.1000 x 340 or [email protected]
Hosted by the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA)
This training program is a collaborative production of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA), NAADAC - The Association for Addiction Professionals, Center for Clinical Social Work, Employee Assistance Society of North America (EASNA), American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP), American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and NORC at the University of Chicago